Thursday, 20 September 2012

GF day out at the Lambeth Country Show


Last weekend we went to the annual Lambeth Country Show in Brockwell Park, South London, where there are rides, a city farm, food and a sheep shearing show! What's not to like?  We Were spoilt with a beautiful sunny day, my son had a great time at the city farm tent poking his fingers through the netting at the chickens and making various noises at the guinea pigs. 
gfcakelover and family 
 Food wise there were a lot of vans dotted around the field, I spotted a vegetarian van offering GF mushroom stroganoff but it was so hot I didn't fancy it. That was the only sign I saw for something savoury, I ended up having 2 pieces of bacon and some onions in a cup (don’t ask)!  Gluten free signs were a lot more prevalent when it came to sweet treats. I spied a crepe stall offering gluten free pancakes and in the food hall 3 out of 4 stalls had gluten free cakes on offer.  I bought and ate two in quick succession! 

The first one was from Trinas delicacies it was a small carrot cupcake with a cream cheese icing, it was a great little cake, lovely texture, nice bite and yummy icing, I could of happily had another one as it was really nice, she also had some vegan options. 
Trinas Delicacies

I then wandered over the Ms Cupcake stand where they had a selection of yummy sounding gluten free cupcakes. This time I went for a bounty cupcake, they look do amazing and I love the different flavours, the cake was nice but too much icing for me, read my full review of Ms Cupcake’s cakes here.  My brother enjoyed a non GF lime cheesecake but felt the same on the too much icing front.  So overall a great day out for all the family and here’s hoping their our more savoury options for us gluten free foodies next year.

Trinas delicacies 8/10


No comments:

Post a Comment