Saturday, 9 June 2012

Gluten free cake pops by Perkier

Another discovery at the Allergy show 2012 was Perkier, a new company who launched their products at the show this year.  The cake pops caught my eye as they were lovingly packaged and the branding was bold and bright and stood out from the other stands.  After trying a sample and having a quick chat with the very friendly owner I decided to buy a few to try at home that evening.

I actually forgot I had bought them until the next day so Jules and I had one each with a cup of tea, they looked great, I had a white chocolate covered cake pop and Jules had a milk chocolate, both were brownie pops, the chocolate had a really nice taste, the brownie itself was really suidgey, chocolately and fudgy, exactly what you want from a brownie, they also stuck very well to the stick so there were no accidents whilst eating them!

Overall I really like the cake pops and the company, its a novel idea that I think would be ideal for parties, especially kids parties.  Perkier also had other products to sample on the day, I didnt try the bread but some fellow bloggers told me that was good too.

Here's hoping the company gets taken up by some big retail brands, I can see myself ordering a box of the pops for a party soon.

Chocolate brownie cake pops - squidgilicious - 8.5/10

verified by Jules

perkier.co.uk


1 comment:

  1. PERK!ER foods are delighted you love our brownie cake pops, packaging and branding! We too hope to be snapped up, and sold in retail very soon! In the meantime we keep facebook and twitter up to date with our news, and are developing our website. Any direct queries pls contact ann@perkier.co.uk
    Thanks again!!

    And keep up the brilliant work glutenfreecakelover...you're doing a brilliant job! Will definitely try a Lola gluten free cupcake very very soon!

    ReplyDelete