Sunday, 27 May 2012

Allergy show 2012


I was really looking forward to this years allergy show, I could see some great producers were showing and the ratio of food seemed to be larger than the previous time I went (which was albeit a few years ago).  I had also arranged to meet up with some fellow bloggers so that was another highlight so hang out with some fellow Coeliacs and compare notes. 

So after coffee and a catch up I started to explore the various stalls, M&S and Tesco had very large stalls, there were samples to be had everywhere but I tried to limit myself only to the food I hadn’t tried before.  Sainsbury’s had a large demo area but I didn’t stop to watch any so I can’t tell you if they were any good!  So to the highlights, for me there were a few, Fria Gluten free, a very nice lady called Monica joined our blogger meet up, nice to see someone actually engage with this thriving community of ours, so we definitely knew we had to swing by her place, the bread samples were really good as was a chocolate cake they had out so that one has to be the best bread sample on the day.  I also checked out sweetcheeks and bought a box of cupcakes and donuts, I will review these separately on the blog but they were nice but slightly sugary to my taste.  A new brand debuting at the show called ‘Perkier’ they were selling cake pops along with bread, the staff were really friendly, telling me a lot about the brand, the sample was yummy and so I bought two to take home.  They were really good fudgy chocolate brownie cake pops and so I really hope they do well and get stocked by some big retailers.  I had some samples from Steph’s kitchen, which were really good, but I decided against buying yet more cakes as they were quite big and I had already bought quite a few, I will however buy one online at a later date and review. I had some yummy samosas for lunch from an Indian outfit based in Birmingham called afias.  It was also rammed!  The place was so busy I was shuffling through the aisles’ trying to get to the stalls, maybe that’s a sign to the organisers to do an extra day or something!  It was a great day and I discovered some great brands, definitely worth going again next year.






1 comment:

  1. Hi

    Great post! I could not seem to find your contact details on here but wondered if you could email me on charlotte@f2fevents.co.uk. My name is Charly and I am on the organising team for The Allergy & Free From Show and wondered if you and your readers would like free tickets to attend the show in October in Liverpool!

    I look forward to hopefully hearing from you!

    Best wishes

    Charly

    ReplyDelete