Tuesday, 20 March 2012

Cosy Cafe for GF Cake in Clevedon

Last weekend we travelled down south and went out for a day trip to Clevedon.  We had a great lunch and a walk along the pier.  Unfortunately it started to rain pretty hard so we decided to drive down to the high street in search of cake!  I had looked up where I might find a Gluten-free cake and happened upon Arnetts Cosy Kitchen on old street.  Its a sweet little cafe, simply decorated with cake pop art prints on the walls.

At the back of the cafe is a glass cabinet with cakes.  As I started looking for the gluten-free options the owner asked me what I was after, he was very friendly and talked a lot about catering for people with coeliac disease.  The cakes looked homemade and I was pleased to find some interesting flavours.  I was drawn to the lime and coconut cake and after I spoke about this blog I was given a very large piece indeed, result!  I am also pleased to report the cake was delicious, really nice flavour, moist, with quite a strong taste of lime coming through.  Jules and I demolished it in the car.  The price was also really good at £1.60 per slice.  Overall, a great stop if you are in Clevedon for really friendly service and yummy gluten free cake.

Lime and Coconut cake 7.5/10 - Scrumptious

Verified by Jules

http://www.arnettscosykitchen.co.uk/

No comments:

Post a Comment