Monday, 6 February 2012

Pretty cupcakes from Fairies of London


As part of my son’s first birthday celebrations there was also a joint party for some of the lovely mums I have met through the NCT group.  We had a joint party and my friend Rebecca had told me there was a local bakery to her in north London that made GF cakes and she was going to bring some to try.  She had bought one box of blue and one box of pink cupcakes and they looked fabulous, I am a sucker for glitter on a cupcake and these had a beautiful colour with lots of edible glitter topped with a chocolate 1! 

 They had standard buttercream icing and vanilla sponge.  So how did they taste? well they were nice, the sponge was a little bit tasteless and had a slightly chalky texture, there was a lot of icing which probably helped but I would of liked more flavour to the sponge and unfortunately I have had a lot better from a GF cupcake.  Definitely edible, and looked beautiful but not quite up to the standard of some others I have reviewed on this blog.

Vanilla cupcake with frosting – 6.5/10 – pleasant

Verified by Jools



No comments:

Post a Comment