Friday, 7 October 2011

Cat that got the cream @ whole foods


 Shopping in Clapham Junction yesterday and had a sudden cake craving, I believe in giving in to these urges, so had a think about the shops around me, I decided I would head to whole foods and see what they had.  To my delight they had some ‘Cat and the Cream’ cupcakes in the deli section, they often have one Gluten-free option and one vegan, and that was the case today.  So I bought the gluten-free orange raspberry almond one to take home.



I tucked in after dinner and forgot how big these cakes are! There is also a lot of icing so I had to dismantle the cake a bit to fit it in my mouth.  The sponge was a really nice texture and there are some raspberries in the sponge too, which helps it to stay moist and also gives a sweet flavour.  The icing is cream cheese icing, its very nice but there is too much of it for my taste, I couldn’t really taste the orange in the cake so it must be a subtle flavouring.  I left Jools some to try and whilst he liked it, he is much more a fan of traditional icing, so the score probably reflects that.  Definitely check them out next time you are near a whole foods, they also bake to order.

Gluten-free orange raspberry almond cupcake – 7/10 nice

Verified by Jools


No comments:

Post a Comment