Tuesday, 13 September 2011

Raspberry and Almond cake from Franklins Farm Shop

Off to visit a friend in East Dulwich today and so decided I would visit a very special deli on Lordship lane in search of a lovely gluten-free cake.  Franklins calls itself a Farm Shop and is situated at the top end of Lordship lane, away from the station.  It stocks fantastic organic produce and always has a gluten-free cake available.  Today I noticed it has also started selling some bread and cakes from the WAG free deli in Brixton.  Stock comes in on a Friday, so they had already sold out today.

The cake I had travelled to buy was available, a lovely Raspberry and Almond sponge cake, I bought 3 slices, one for now and one each for Jools and I later.  The sponge is really good quality, Jools remarked that he wouldnt be able to tell it was a GF cake (high praise indeed)!, not too dry, not too crumbly, and with a light texture, it has a lovely butter-cream and jam filling.  It was scrummy! My only crticism is that its very expensive per slice, £3, but I would say its worth it! Jules marked it 8.5 out of 10 and I agree.

Franklins Raspberry and Almond sponge cake - 8.5 out of 10


Verified by Jools


www.franklinsrestaurant.com/farmshop/

No comments:

Post a Comment