Monday, 22 August 2011

Red Velvet cake at the Hummingbird Bakery

When I read an article last month that the Hummingbird bakery had introduced a 'made without' range I was very excited indeed!  I had often endured friends turning up to dinner parties with a box full of these beautiful looking cakes and cursed my gluten intolerance! I promptly found the nearest Hummingbird bakery which happened to be near where my husband works, and sent him off with orders to bring me back a cake for a special friday night treat.

He did as he was bid and came home with a beautiful little box, there was one option for 'made without' on the day and it happened to be a red velvet cupcake.  The cupcake was absolutely delicious!  It was a perfect size, not a big muffin like some cakes I have had, the appearance was nice and simple and the colour was a deep maroon red, the cake itself was moist, had a good texture and was tasty, the cream cheese icing really complimented the cake and was really creamy and had a lovely aftertaste.  This was a pretty perfect cake and Jools agreed.  I will definitely be sending him back for more


For the red velvet cake from the made without range - a very good 9/10

verified by Jools

hummingbird bakery



No comments:

Post a Comment